Saturday, November 06, 2004

E: The Simpsons mania

Until this very June I had never seen an episode of the cartoon the Simpsons. I did owe a Nintendo 8-bit video game a dozen years ago with Bart Simpson as the main character, but that’s all my previous exposure. I was aware of the show, but since it never ran on the regular Norwegian TV channels one can view without satellite or cable (my family has neither of the two).

Our exchange student last school year (August 2003 to June 2004), Dennis Hvass, got a hold of all the episodes on his portable hard drive and watched the yellow family frequently. As I came back from Oslo in June, I sometime peeked a few episodes with him… and got captivated. Before I left to Australia, my brother (the biological one) hooked me up with the complete series on DVD.

As I type this bulletin, I am about to watch the 15th episode in season 13. That is the 284th out of 335 released so far (15 seasons). In five months I have gone through 84,5 % of the Simpsons. Roughly 95 hours in front of my laptop. Unsure about what day I started, an estimate suggests that I watch 1,9 episodes a day. I even have a poster on my room wall with all the characters.

Important to stress though, is that I (most of the time) watch when I eat, or just before I go to bed. In that way it does not occupy any significant share of my trying-to-be-productive part of the day. “But still,” you say. “Eat my shorts,” I reply… =)

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing